Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a laundry available?
All 1 and 2 bedroom apartments conveniently include a washer and dryer. Additionally, there is a laundry room on each floor that is equipped with two washers and two dryers. The equipment is new, well-maintained, reliable, and energy-efficient. The washers and dryers can be utilized with a smart card that you can pre-load funds onto or through the Caleco app, which can be downloaded for Apple or Android devices through your phone.
Is parking available?
- On-street parking is available. Annual residential parking permits can be obtained by the Philadelphia Parking Authority by going to: http://philapark.org/residential-parking-permit/ You will need to have a Pennsylvania license plate and a copy of your lease to obtain the permit.
- Obtaining your parking permit will allow you to park in any Zone 6 parking areas that are typically restricted by meters or time limits.
- There is also parking in area private lots. You will need to reach out to the lot attendants or management.
What about utilities?
- Each apartment is wifi enabled for either Verizon Fios or Comcast Xfinity services. There is no need to schedule an electric or water hook up as the building is equipped with specific meters for each unit. There is a $25 monthly charge for water, and your electric meter is read around the 15th of each month. Your electric use and water charge will be added to your account for payment along with your next month’s rent on the 1st of the following month.
How much is rent?
How much is my security deposit?
- The security deposit is the amount of one month’s rent. We ask that you pay your deposit upon signing your lease. This deposit will be held in escrow by the bank until you vacate your apartment. Upon move out, we will assess the apartment for any damage other than typical wear and tear, provide you with your final utility bill and return your security deposit minus the cost of your utilities within the week.
- You may not use your security deposit as your last month’s rent.
How do I pay my rent?
- All tenants are to pay their rent through Appfolio: https://passport.appf.io/sign_in?idp_type=tportal&vhostless=true&waldo=true
- We ask that you avoid writing checks as using our online system is easy and convenient for both tenants and management.
How long is my lease term?
- We typically offer 12 months lease terms. After you fulfill your first year’s lease, you can renew for another full year or you have the option to renew month-to-month with an additional fee that would require a 60 day notice.
What is your pet policy?
- Cats are the only pet allowed at Westminster and require a $250 pet deposit per cat. Your deposit will be returned with final inspection of the apartment. If your apartment requires additional cleaning due to any damage or odors caused by the pet, we will retain your deposit.
What if I have a need for maintenance?
- Westminster has three talented, professional, hard-working, and most importantly, kind and respectful maintenance workers on staff. They are in the building Monday through Friday from 7am to 3pm and always on call for an emergency. Most maintenance requests are satisfied within 24 hours.
What if I have an emergency?
- Westminster has a residential property manager who lives in the building. The property manager has an office on the first floor and is available Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm.
- Should you have an emergency during non-business hours, please call or text 267-514-5710 and state your emergency and the property manager will get right back to you. Examples of an emergency are a leak, fire, or lock-out.
Interested in more information on apartment details, availability and pricing? Contact us M-F 8:30am - 6pm